Video case study
‘Transforming Healthcare Through Innovation’
The Teledermatology Project in Dorset, which is commissioned by Dorset ICB, is having a really positive impact on patient care. Clinicians are able to use the PhotoSAF feature on the Consultant Connect App, alongside e-RS, to get quicker specialist Advice & Guidance on dermatology cases.
This short video, about the Teledermatology Project, features interviews with local GPs, consultants and a commissioner. Since the video was made the results have improved further with over 6,000 photos being taken and 70% of requests for advice this way have resulted in an unnecessary referral being avoided.
In numbers – updated September 2019
- The app was introduced to Dorset in September 2018.
- Over 90% of GP practices signed up to the App.
- >6,000 photographs have been taken via the App.
- 70% of submitted cases do not need to be seen by Dermatology Services.
- Local consultant dermatologists aim to respond via e-RS within 48 hours.
Reduce demand for dermatology referrals in your area
Click here to find out about Teledermatology via the Consultant Connect App.
A GP in Dorset recently told us: ‘a patient was advised to see me by another health professional who had noticed a change in one of the patient’s moles. I would have referred the patient to a dermatology clinic had it not been for A&G – possibly even on the fast-track suspected cancer pathway.’ Click here to find out what happened next…