Virtual Consultations (Patient Connect)
Clinicians use Patient Connect to deliver IG secure virtual consultations. All data and call recordings are available via the Consultant Connect platform.
How it works
- Ability to contribute significantly to patient care whilst working remotely or at home.
- The call recordings are also being used to deliver appropriate training.
- They only see the patients they need to see.
- Instant reassurance, avoidance of stress or worry.
- Avoidance of costs (childcare, missing work) and disruption through unnecessary hospital visits and long waits.
- Right care, faster.
This service is currently used in a variety of different pathways including
NHS Lanarkshire has seen a significant impact since introducing the ‘Patient Connect’ service in December 2020 at University Hospital Monklands, with the aim of getting patients the right care faster and first time. Since the launch, 2,360 calls to patients have been made, with 30% of calls resulting in the patient not having to attend A&E as a result.
This service is ideal for
- Remote or virtual consultations either within a hospital setting or working from home
- To reduce the volume of patients coming into hospital unnecessarily for valuable ‘outpatient’ appointments
- To be combined with our PIFU service