In line with the National same day emergency care (SDEC) Strategy, NHS areas have set up SDEC services to streamline care, and improve patient flow and discharge, making it as efficient as possible for clinicians (e.g. 111, 999, Primary Care and mental health) to navigate their patients to the right service first time.
SDEC processes are not always the same at every hospital, this means that the clinician and patient often need to wait a considerable amount of time to get through to the SDEC team and navigate the patient to the right service first time.
That is why more of our NHS partners are moving their SDEC access to Consultant Connect to provide a single referral route and point of access for ambulance teams and primary care clinicians to navigate SDEC patients.
We reveal the impressive impact and growth of SDEC lines available via Consultant Connect in the last 12 months:
- The number of NHS areas enabling access to SDEC pathways via Consultant Connect increased from 7 to 21.
- Monthly call volumes have tripled – 1626 calls placed in October 2022 compared to 524 calls placed in October 2021.
- Over 54% of calls with reported outcomes resulted in the patient avoiding A&E.
Moving SDEC to Consultant Connect means
- Faster call connection time (27 seconds UK average)
- A standardised process for all
- A single referral route and point of access
- Volumes of calls are tracked
- Calls are recorded for medico-legal purposes
- The patient pathway is tracked
- Outcomes are reported
The rich data reports from the Consultant Connect service give areas full transparency of SDEC activity and enables areas to audit and monitor referral activity demand and outcomes.
As you would expect with Consultant Connect, all our solutions are IG-secure and GDPR compliant. Consultant Connect can be implemented in as little as a month, meaning the impact is immediate.
If your NHS area has SDEC pathways in place and would like to find out more about moving these to Consultant Connect, email email@example.com or call us on 01865 261 467.
*Data relates only to calls where an outcome was reported.