A common theme of this blog is the impact a telephone Advice & Guidance system can have on avoiding unnecessary hospital visits. This applies to both unplanned care and elective care. Our benchmarking data shows:
- For unplanned care, 20% of calls to the Urgent Connect system result in the patient avoiding a trip to hospital that day and up to 60% of calls result in the patient being signposted away from A&E; and
- For elective care specialties, such as Cardiology, Haematology, Endocrinology and so on, 68% of calls to Consultant Connect result in the patient avoiding a referral.
Unlike most initiatives that can have this sort of impact, though, Urgent Connect and Consultant Connect Advice & Guidance systems are quick and easy to setup – we can launch a project in less than a month.
This means that, if you want to take action to prepare for winter pressures, it’s not too late. Our Advice & Guidance system could have an impact in your area this year.
How do we achieve this?
- Proven Launch Plan – our experience in rolling out Consultant Connect and Urgent Connect in over 20 CCG areas to date, covering a patient population of over 8 million, means you can rely on us to get the project live in the minimum time possible.
- Clinician Engagement Plan – with CCG and Trust agreement, we handle engagement with the GPs who will be making the calls and the clinical teams at the Trust who will be answering them. Our program of meetings and communications has successfully on-boarded 1,000 GP practices and over 500 consultants.
- Standard Information Governance Pack – our Information Governance pack includes:
- Governance Framework Overview
- Information Governance Policy
- Service Governance Plan
- Privacy Impact Assessment
- Data Processing Agreement
- Schedule of Roles and Responsibilities including details of Caldicott Guardian, Senior Information Risk Officer, Chief Information Officer, Technical Director and Compliance & Security Director.
If you would like to discuss launching a Consultant Connect or Urgent Connect project in your area this year, please contact us on 01865 267467 or by email on email@example.com.