You may have seen the recent announcement that non-recurring funding is now available via NHSE’s Targeted Investment Fund (TIF). This presents an opportunity to reduce your waiting lists across a range of specialties and invest in productivity-enhancing innovations.
The TIF is a £700m flexible revenue and capital fund. At least £500m of the fund should be spent on capital and half of this (£250m) on technology that will enable elective recovery. The fund will support:
- systems that can go further on elective recovery with greater financial certainty
- systems that require additional financial support, but where the commitment, ambition, and a credible plan to deliver is in place
- propositions from individual providers with a proven track record of delivery
- schemes that will support delivery beyond the second half of this financial year.
Regions have been asked to propose, by 14th October 2021, a shortlist of targeted investments that can be delivered in the year and have a material impact on activity or demand management in their region, either in 2021/22 or in future years.
We are working closely with a number of Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) on their proposals.
Our referral assessment and triage services enable waiting lists to be brought up to date and patients prioritised appropriately. On average 20 – 30% of patients are being discharged with advice and guidance and the remainder are being correctly prioritised according to urgency. 17 specialties are available, and we use the expertise of our National Consultant Network of ‘virtual’ NHS Consultants who can usually start working on waiting lists within 5 working days from the go-ahead. All results are captured and communicated via e-RS.
In the Press
Last week we completed 1,000 referral reviews in Cardiology for another large Trust:
- 25% were returned to GPs with Advice & Guidance
- 29% were booked into diagnostics
- 18% were booked into diagnostics and an outpatient appointment (routine or urgent)
- 28% were booked into an outpatient appointment without diagnostics (routine or urgent)
If you have any questions or would like to discuss how we can help you with your proposal, please email email@example.com or call us on 01865 261467.