In last week’s webinar, experts shared their ideas about how to improve CAMHS.
- Dr Duncan Law, Consultant Clinical Psychologist at the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, Co-creator of the CAPA system, Director of MindMonkey Associates.
- Dr Louise Theodosiou, Royal College of Psychiatrists, Consultant Psychiatrist at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust.
- Jackie Shaw, CAMHS Service Director, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust.
The webinar was very well attended by people from across the NHS. These three key topics were discussed:
- What it’s like to have a mental health problem as a child or young person in the UK today
- The challenges facing CAMHS
- How we can ease/improve CAMHS
Attendees were also able to ask questions to our expert panel, click here to read the webinar questions and answers.
Here’s some of the feedback we’ve received from attendees:
“I enjoyed the discussions very much and felt sharing challenges and good practice was helpful.”
“Very informative webinar. During the session, the benefits of a system wide approach was discussed, including education, social care, etc.”
“Really interesting talk, thank you.”
How our solutions can help improve CAMHS in your area:
As an organisation, we recognise that the system between primary, community, acute care etc. is very silo based. The Consultant Connect Mental Health Advice & Guidance solution helps to breakdown this silo by connecting GPs to local Mental Health specialists on the Phone. This results in patients getting quicker specialist advice, GPs accessing Advice & Guidance immediately and delivering the right care for their patients first time, consultants and hospitals seeing a reduction in unnecessary referrals and CCGs saving money by not paying for unnecessary referrals and delivering a better service for patients.
If you have any questions about the webinar or how we could help improve CAMHS in your organisation, please contact us on 01865 261467 or firstname.lastname@example.org.