Today we are publishing our performance benchmarks for telephone Advice & Guidance for the 6 months ending 31st October 2017.
The report covers elective and urgent specialties. You can read the document below and download a pdf of the document here: Specialty Benchmarking 1711 Nov 171115a
So, what are the headlines?
- Across all elective specialties, 66% of calls to Consultant Connect result in the patient avoiding a trip to hospital;
- Haematology is both the most used specialty and the most effective at avoiding a referral – 75% of calls result in the patient avoiding hospital;
- 28% of calls to Care of the Elderly result in the patient avoiding an unplanned admission;
- Paediatrics, Diabetes, Cardiology and Gynaecology are the most called specialties after Haematology;
- For Urgent Connect, 27% of calls avoid a hospital trip that day and a further 36% of calls result in the patient being navigated away from A&E; and
- 85% of consultants and GPs feel that Consultant Connect improves patient care in their area.
Please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01865 261467 if you would like to discuss how telephone Advice & Guidance could improve patient care in your area.