We have recently been contacted by a Trust, which asked whether we could assist them in setting up a telephone line for a group of patients that suffer from a long term condition. The clinical specialty concerned offers phone appointments for some of its patients who need a regular nurse consultation and also allows some patients to contact consultants / nurses direct.
In particular, the approach we have discussed offers clinical teams:
- Ability to connect patients with individual clinicians OR teams of clinicians
- Ability to include mobile phones or landlines whilst keeping these numbers confidential
- Ability to manage the hours of service availability (ie. when calls might be routed to these mobile phones or landlines)
- Complete call data available in real time
- Call recordings for every call, for medico-legal purposes
- Call tracking by patient
- Call tracking by clinician / clinic
- Opportunity to refresh access numbers to restrict access to current patient cohort
- Opportunity to record outcomes / classify calls
We have agreed to pilot this approach with the Trust concerned, but would like to ask other Trusts / CCGs that are interested in this approach to contact us to discuss a pilot. Although there are costs associated with these pilots, these will be subsidised by Consultant Connect.
To enquire, please call us on 01865 261467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org